"Memery Crystal LLP’s Corporate group is ‘very strong team’ is ‘responsive and efficient’."Legal 500, 2017
Contact Rumit Nanji
Rumit Nanji is a partner in the Corporate team, specialising in private M&A, leverage finance and private equity.
Being originally from East-Africa, Rumit sits on the firm’s Africa desk and has a particular focus on transactions in the East-Africa region – highlights include acting for Shanta Gold Limited and FBN Bank on certain of their East-Africa focused transactions.
Outside of work, Rumit enjoys playing squash and tennis, travelling and trying new restaurants.
- Acted for the selling shareholders of GAB Robins to Crawford & Co.
- Acted for Shanta Gold on its finance transaction with Investec.
- Acted for management on the MBO of a large pub chain in the UK.
- Acted on various property finance transactions for a long-standing client.
- 2005 – 2007: Trainee at Freeths
- 2011 – 2016: Associate/Senior Associate at Memery Crystal
- 2016 – present: Partner at Memery Crystal