"We have worked with Memery Crystal for years – their understanding of our business, strategy and advice have always been superb."Tony Peart, Commercial and Legal Director at Gulf Keystone Petroleum
Contact Nikola Lowry-Lee
Nikola has been a senior associate since July 2016 and is a member of the Dispute Resolution team. Nikola has experience of working on high-profile, high value, complex litigation. During her time at Memery Crystal she has acted on a range of commercial disputes for clients in sectors including natural resources, regulatory/financial services, contentious construction disputes, as well as advising on a number of insolvency matters. Nikola also has extensive experience of injunction work, both in England and off shore jurisdictions for companies and high net worth individuals.
Nikola was a key member of the team acting for property developer, Mr Ruhan in a complex fraud case across multiple jurisdictions. Initiated by a company supported by litigation funders, the case lasted for over two years and resulted in numerous judgments (and costs awards) in Mr Ruhan’s favour.
Nikola has also acted for residential owners, commercial developers and construction professionals in a variety of contentious construction disputes. Prior to joining Memery Crystal Nikola also acted for insurers.
In addition to traditional court work, Nikola is also experienced in many forms of alternative dispute resolution including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and court directed settlement conferences (in NZ).
Outside of work Nikola enjoys sport (especially rugby, but from the safety of the side lines these days) and travelling.
- Orb a.r.l & Ors v Ruhan; Ruhan v Orb a.r.l & Ors (Claim No. 2012-000625)
- Gort (Holdings) Limited v MRP Brazil Limited (Claim No CHP/14/0097) (Isle of Man)
- Harvey v Ruhan; Ruhan v Harvey (Insolvency Nos. 0032 of 2015, redesignated 1115 of 2015 and 80 of 2015)
- Ruhan v Minardi Investments Limited (CL-2015-000874); Minardi v Ruhan (CL-2016-000241)
- FRC Investigation into the collapse of the Connaught Group
- Seafood Holdings Limited v 5 Hertford Street Limited (Claim no A7QZ0361)
- Contractual dispute involving a Polish company and English company
- Trade mark dispute involving the registration of a European trademark
- Variety of contentious construction disputes involving private residential renovations, construction of multi-unit residential apartment block and construction of a new hospital wing.
- Parker & Associates, NZ
- Russell McVeagh, NZ