"They make you feel important and like you are number one."Chambers UK - 2016
Contact Naomi Lawton
Naomi Lawton is a consultant for the firm’s Tax and Private Client team and has worked with Memery Crystal since 2014. She advises businesses and individuals on a wide range of direct and indirect tax issues, both in the UK and internationally. She has advised on business structures, corporate acquisitions, disposals and reconstructions, real estate and employment issues.
Naomi also advises individuals and trustees on wills, tax, trusts and estate planning. She has particular expertise in dealing with international issues and as a result many of her clients include non-resident and non-domiciled individuals, trustees and companies. She advises in relation to double tax treaty planning, holding company structures, relocations and questions of residence and domicile.
Naomi is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP) and of the Stamp Taxes Practice Group (STPG) of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Advised on a UK holding company structure for a global manufacturing business
- Advised on cross-border inheritance tax planning for ultra-high net worth individuals.
- Advised the principal beneficiaries of a trust in resolving contentious trust issues.
- Advised on SDLT mitigation and planning for a UK property business.
- 1993 – 1997: Trained and qualified at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- 1997 – 2000: Attorney at law at Walkers, Cayman Islands
- 2000 – 2003: Tax professional support lawyer at Herbert Smith Freehills
- 2003 – 2005: Professional support lawyer at Watson, Farley & Williams
- 2007 – 2013: Tax editor at the Practical Law Company
- 2013 – 2014: Consultant at the International Financial Centres Forum
- 2014 – 2016: Senior Associate at Memery Crystal
- 2016 – present: Consultant at Memery Crystal