"They are flexible and show commercial acumen."Chambers UK - 2016
Contact Melanie Belford
Melanie is a Senior Associate in the Corporate team with expertise in advising on a broad range of corporate matters including domestic and international private M&A, joint ventures and investments. She also has experience in capital markets work, in particular on advising in relation to AIM admissions and placings.
Melanie believes in taking time to understand a client’s business to ensure that advice is appropriately tailored to commercial needs.
Outside of work, Melanie enjoys theatre, dinners with friends and running.
- Acted for the UK subsidiary of a NYSE-listed international estate agent on the purchase of a construction company.
- Advised an international technology solutions consultancy on the sale of its business to a NASDAQ-listed purchaser.
- Advised an online childcare provider on the sale of its business to a French purchaser.
- Advised the founders of an online shaving equipment provider in connection with a strategic investment from a NYSE-listed corporate
- Advised an engineering and technology company in connection with a demerger and admission to AIM
- 2017 – present: Corporate Senior Associate, Memery Crystal LLP
- 2014 -2017: Corporate Solicitor, Irwin Mitchell LLP
- 2010 – 2014: Corporate Solicitor, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- 2010: Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales