"My interests were very well represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was always clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Contact Lara Shillito
Lara is a solicitor in the Employment team. She advises employers and employees on all aspects of employment law, contentious and non-contentious. She advises on a range of issues including the drafting and negotiation of employment contracts and policies, managing performance, handling grievances and disciplinaries, redundancies and issues arising on termination including settlement agreements.
She has represented clients in Employment Tribunal claims involving allegations of breach of contract, unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.
She also advises on employee matters arising in connection with corporate transactions in particular with regard to TUPE.
Lara is involved in the work experience program as well as being an active member of the Social Committee.
- Acted for the sellers of a Premier League football club in its sale to an overseas buyer.
- Provides day-to-day HR advisory advice to employers on all aspects of employment law.
- Represented a leading religious charity in age discrimination claims in the Employment Tribunal.
- Represented a construction company in a claim brought by a director and shareholder alleging disability discrimination in the Employment Tribunal.
- Assisted with a comprehensive review of contracts, policies and procedures for employees, consultants and contractors of a digital media business which included drafting bespoke templates and policies to suit the highly variable working arrangements.
- Regularly act on behalf of senior employees to negotiate exit terms and settlement agreements.
- Provided TUPE advice to a market leading online gaming company regarding the sale of a digital advertising brand.
- Successfully concluded a negotiated exit for the founder of a digital media business.
- Assisted an online estate agency company experiencing rapid growth and expansion with the structure of its employee and contractor relationships including drafting and implementing new contracts.
- Solicitor, Memery Crystal LLP
- Trainee, Memery Crystal LLP (Qualified 2014)
- BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Professional Course
- Durham University, BA (Hons) Combined Arts, specialising in History of Art, Psychology and Philosophy