"I think they're very good - they're very reasonable and the advice is very practical"Chambers UK - 2016
Contact Karen O’Grady
Karen O’Grady is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Corporate team with particular expertise in private M&A, MBOs, corporate real estate transactions and equity fundraising. In addition, Karen regularly advises companies and individuals on shareholders’ agreements and joint ventures.
Having spent a year managing a medium-sized waste management company, Karen has gained experience in industry and has a particular interest in advising SME’s on growth and exit.
Karen is also a fluent Welsh speaker.
- Advising a private equity firm on a £50m acquisition of a multi-jurisdictional manufacturing and distribution company.
- Advising an AIM listed company on the £25m acquisition of a number of subsidiaries of a FTSE listed company.
- Advising a venture capital fund on a seed round investment into a health-tech university spin-out.
- Advising a serial entrepreneur on establishing a new start-up with a US subsidiary and a simultaneous seed investment of £4m by a US based venture capital fund.
- Advising a multi-jurisdictional legal-tech company on a joint venture with a UK based network of referrers.
- Advising a multi-jurisdictional investment fund on the investment of circa £50m in the UK real estate market.
- Advising the sellers of a large sports & leisure clubs group on the sale of part of that group to a competitor and the pre-sale restructure of the target group.
- 2017 – present – Corporate Senior Associate, Memery Crystal LLP
- 2016 – 2017 – Corporate Technology Associate, Taylor Wessing LLP
- 2014 – 2016 – Corporate Solicitor, Teacher Stern LLP
- 2013 – 2014 – Acting Managing Director of a regional waste management company
- 2009 – 2013 – Corporate Solicitor, Pemberton Greenish LLP
- 2009 – Admitted to the roll of solicitors in England and Wales