"They are always one step ahead; they are great at anticipating problems and having a solution already in place."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Contact Ivy Acorda
Ivy Acorda joined Memery Crystal in late August 2016 as an associate in the Construction and Engineering Team. Ivy practices both non contentious and contentious construction and acts for major developers in respect of residential, commercial, hotel, retail and mixed use developments. Ivy also advises funders, contractors, construction managers, sub-contractors, landlords and tenants.
Ivy assists clients during the whole life span of the projects from advising on procurement routes to dealing with any issues or disputes during and at the end of the projects.
To further her experience and knowledge of construction Ivy studied and completed the master’s degree in Construction and Dispute Resolution at King’s College London.
Outside of work Ivy enjoys photography, sailing and cooking.
- Acting for a major developer in the preparation and negotiation of construction documentations on the construction of a 17 storey office building in Birmingham.
- Acting for various major developers in the preparation of construction documents on high residential developments in Mayfair and Wapping.
- Advising developers on their funding agreements and joint venture agreements for residential, commercial, nursing home and mixed use developments.
- Successful adjudication for a wealthy individual in relation to defective works on a listed home.
- Successful claim against a bondsman for losses suffered by an employer as a result of contractor’s insolvency.
- A master’s degree in Construction and Dispute Resolution at King’s College London
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2010
- Law degree from University of Greenwich
- Studied GCSE and A levels in an international school in Spain