"My interests were very well represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was always clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Contact Emily Parker
Emily is a newly qualified solicitor in in the Commercial, Media and Technology team. Prior to qualifying into this team, Emily completed seats in Corporate, Dispute Resolution, Real Estate and a split-seat between our Commercial, Media and Technology Department and Employment Department.
Outside of work, Emily spends her time enjoying the unique experiences London has to offer. This includes visiting exhibitions, going to the theatre and sampling pop-up events and restaurants.
- In her fourth seat as a Corporate trainee, Emily gained experience working and assisting on a wide range of corporate transactions, including public IPOs (assisting on various AIM flotations and fundraises), disposals and corporate reorganisations.
- In her third seat as a trainee in the Commercial, Media and Technology team, Emily drafted a variety of commercial agreements such as terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements and software licence agreements.
- As a trainee in the Employment team, Emily provided assistance in a range of employment matters including: the successful application to set aside a teaching prohibition order; corporate support for the sale of the entire issued share capital of Maviga Plc to ED&F Man Holdings Limited; and the drafting and implementation of varied contracts, policies and procedures for growing businesses.
- During her Commercial Litigation seat, Emily assisted with a range of domestic and international matters involving contract disputes, company law, fraud and bankruptcy. This includes the support and assistance in a high-profile case for the successful application of a worldwide freezing injunction, for the recovery monies paid on the basis of fraudulent misrepresentations.
- In her first seat as a trainee in the Real Estate department, Emily assisted with a range of commercial and residential property matters including acquisitions and disposals, lettings and lease renewals (acting for both landlord and tenant), and refinancing. In particular, Emily was actively involved in the provision of assistance and project management support for the successful planning application for the redevelopment of a multi-million pound residential property in Knightsbridge.
- Legal Practice Course at University of Law (Moorgate) in June 2015.
- Operations Assistant for a privately-held Merchant Banking business, providing legal assistance to the in-house Legal and Compliance Team.
- Business Administration Assistant for a company specialising in the provision of regulatory compliance, financial investigations, and data analytics.
- Studied Law at Durham University