"My interests were very well represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was always clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Contact David Walker
David Walker is a partner in Memery Crystal’s Corporate team, having joined the firm in 2000 as a trainee solicitor.
David’s core area of specialism is in the new and developing sector of alternative finance, with particular expertise in advising on, and the development of, corporate mini-bonds. David has worked on more corporate mini-bond offerings than any other UK lawyer and is well connected with the key players and advisers involved in the alternative finance sector.
In addition, David specialises in corporate transactions – including flotations of companies and acquisitions and disposals of public and private companies.
Outside of work, David is a keen cook (he trained as a chef before his legal career), is a gym obsessive, is passionate about old movies, and is a dog owner.
- Advised Gaming Realms Plc in respect of the disposal of the digital marketing agency owned by its subsidiary, QuickThink Media Limited.
- Advised Harlequin FC on the development and issue of the Harlequin FC Bond and the establishment of The Quarters’ Club which offers unique opportunities to applicants for the Harlequin FC Bond (and their nominees) to be involved with Harlequin FC.
- Advised and developed Wellesley Finance Plc’s, Wellesley Mini-Bond Programme – to date, the second largest ever issue of corporate mini-bonds in the UK.
- Advised The Jockey Club on its £25m Jockey Club Racecourse Bond.
- Worked with Surrey County Cricket Club on their fully subscribed £5m Surrey County Cricket Club Bond.
- Advised Hotel Chocolat and Caxton FX on each of their two respective corporate mini-bonds.
- Advised Lancashire County Cricket Club on their Cricket Club Bond and the non-cash element of interest paid in the form of Credit4Cricket Units.
- 1998 – 2000: Trainee solicitor at Memery Crystal
- 2001 – 2011: Solicitor/Associate at Memery Crystal
- 2011 – present: Partner at Memery Crystal