"We have worked with Memery Crystal for years – their understanding of our business, strategy and advice have always been superb."Tony Peart, Commercial and Legal Director at Gulf Keystone Petroleum
Contact Anne McMahon
Anne is an experienced senior associate with the Dispute Resolution team, who has worked with an array of clients, including natural resources companies and high net worth individuals, on a range of high profile, complex disputes.
Anne is highly regarded by Memery Crystal’s clients as a dedicated disputes lawyer who consistently delivers excellent results.
Anne was a key member of the team acting for Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited in its successful defence of a claim for damages of up to US$1.65bn in relation to four oil fields in Kurdistan. For its success, the team was awarded “Dispute Resolution Team of the Year” at the 2014 Legal Business Awards and “Litigation Team of the Year“ at the 2014 Lawyer Awards.
Outside of work Anne enjoys indulging in her passion for interior design.
- Anne was the lead associate advising Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited in its defence of two appeals made by commercial litigation funders, which include a Greek shipping magnate and two New York based hedge funds, against the landmark decision of Lord Justice Christopher Clarke in the Excalibur case in which it was held that the litigation funders were to “follow the fortunes” of the funded party and as such be liable for Gulf’s costs of the substantive action on the indemnity basis [Excalibur Ventures LLC v Texas Keystone Inc & Others  EWHC 3436 (Comm)].
- Anne was the lead associate on a recent London Commercial Court fraud case representing a high net worth individual in defence of alleged breach of an oral agreement and in pursuit of misappropriated assets. This case had a combined value of up to £400 million.
- Anne was the lead associate advising a high net worth individual accused of hacking and associated offences.
- Anne was the lead associate advising a high net worth individual and his offshore legal team in successfully defending offshore proceedings concerning two superyachts.
- Anne was the lead associate in the successful defence of two sets of London High Court bankruptcy proceedings against three high net worth individuals, and in obtaining indemnity costs and a substantial payment on account.
- Anne began her career as a trainee at Memery Crystal in 2010 and since that time has progressed to the position of senior associate at the firm.
- Prior to joining Memery Crystal Anne was based in Brazil working in the charitable sector.