"My interests were very well represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was always clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Contact Adam Gross
Adam Gross litigates on property and land disputes. He also advises clients on various risks identified in property transactions. His key areas of expertise include business lease renewals, development disputes, construction disputes, joint venture disputes, dilapidations, forfeiture/possession claims, arrears recovery, service charge disputes, disputed lease consent applications, nuisance claims, tenancy insolvency, contract disputes, property notices, easements, adverse possession and high value residential disputes.
Adam acts for entrepreneurial property companies, developers, family trusts, high net worth individuals and retail, restaurant and leisure tenants. He recognises that litigation diverts management time from day-to-day business. He works with clients to ensure that risks and rewards are considered carefully and to fit within their timescales. Adam is tenacious in his approach and works hard to maximise the prospect of reaching the right outcome for his clients’ needs.
Adam has represented clients in court, tribunals, arbitrations and adjudications. Not all disputes go to court. Adam is also an expert dealing with complex negotiations and has a successful record at mediations.
Outside of work, Adam is an avid supporter of Norwood Charity having been on one of its committees for six years. When he is not working or spending time at Allianz Park supporting Saracens, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two young girls.
- Advised Capital & Counties on opposed renewals for various units in its Covent Garden portfolio for redevelopment purposes.
- Ridgewood vs. Valero – acted for developers (Ridgewood) in a multi-million pound claim for breach of multi option agreements for the development of petrol filling stations at various locations around the UK.
- Gordon Ramsay vs. Gary Love – acted for Gordon Ramsay in relation to the enforcement of a personal rent guarantee in a lease of the York & Albany and defending the allegation that the deed was executed by him or with his authority.
- Advised a high net worth individual against contract administrators and subcontractors in relation to the poor quality of works and loss caused by delay during a development of their Central London property.
- Represented a high net worth in a property fraud claim brought against a property vendor and a firm of solicitors.
- Advised a luxury shoe retailer on defending an opposed renewal in relation to its premises in Knightsbridge, of which its landlord was seeking vacant possession for redevelopment purposes.
- Noel Edmonds vs. Ulrik Lawson – acted for Noel Edmonds in a dispute concerning breach of joint venture agreement in relation to the construction of two development sites.
- 2005 – 2006: Trainee solicitor at Pictons LLP
- 2006 – 2008: Solicitor at Thomas Eggar
- 2008 – 2014: Associate at Mishcon de Reya
- 2014 – 2015: Senior Associate at Hamlins LLP
- 2015 – 2016: Senior Associate at Memery Crystal
- 2016 – 2017: Director at Memery Crystal
- 2017 – Present: Partner at Memery Crystal